By Enrico Perla,Massimiliano Oldani
The booklet is geared up into 4 components. half I introduces the kernel and units out the theoretical foundation on which to construct the remainder of the ebook. half II makes a speciality of diversified working structures and describes exploits for them that focus on a variety of malicious program sessions. half III on distant kernel exploitation analyzes the results of the distant situation and offers new options to focus on distant matters. It features a step by step research of the advance of a competent, one-shot, distant make the most for a true vulnerabilitya malicious program affecting the SCTP subsystem present in the Linux kernel. eventually, half IV wraps up the research on kernel exploitation and appears at what the longer term may well hold.
- Covers quite a number working procedure households — UNIX derivatives, Mac OS X, Windows
- Details universal situations corresponding to conventional reminiscence corruption (stack overflow, heap overflow, etc.) matters, logical insects and race conditions
- Delivers the reader from user-land exploitation to the area of kernel-land (OS) exploits/attacks, with a selected specialise in the stairs that bring about the production of profitable thoughts, so that it will provide to the reader anything greater than only a set of tricks
Read or Download A Guide to Kernel Exploitation: Attacking the Core PDF
Best business information technology books
These days, there's software program in all places in our existence. It controls vehicles, airplanes, factories, scientific implants. with no software program, banking, logistics and transportation, media, or even medical study wouldn't functionality within the accustomed manner. development and keeping software program is a knowledge-intensive endeavour and calls for that express studies are dealt with effectively.
During the last few years, financial plan scandals, circumstances of fraud and corruption, facts safety violations, and different criminal violations have ended in quite a few legal responsibility instances, damages claims, and losses of attractiveness. As a response to those advancements, a number of rules were issued: company Governance, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, IFRS, Basel II and III, Solvency II and BilMoG, to call quite a few.
Healthcare it's the development immediately, and the necessity for suggestions in regard to privateness and defense is massive. Why? With new federal incentives and consequences tied to the HITECH Act, HIPAA, and the implementation of digital health and wellbeing checklist (EHR) structures, clinical practices and healthcare platforms are enforcing new software program at breakneck pace.
This publication explores the standards that make electronic disruption attainable and the consequences this has on current enterprise types. It takes a glance on the industries which are so much vulnerable to disruption and highlights what executives can do to use disruption to re-invent their enterprise version.
- Multichannel-Retailing: Marketing in Mehrkanalsystemen des Einzelhandels (German Edition)
- Transforming Healthcare Through Information Systems: Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Information Systems Development (Lecture Notes in Information Systems and Organisation)
- Information Systems Outsourcing: Towards Sustainable Business Value (Progress in IS)
- Smart City Implementation: Creating Economic and Public Value in Innovative Urban Systems (Progress in IS)
- Salesforce1 101
- Entwurf und Verarbeitung relationaler Datenbanken (Wirtschaftsinformatik kompakt) (German Edition)
Extra info for A Guide to Kernel Exploitation: Attacking the Core
A Guide to Kernel Exploitation: Attacking the Core by Enrico Perla,Massimiliano Oldani